Do you thinking about how to pose full split ? ( how to do full split ), don’t worry perform these yoga for split.
There various types of yoga poses for split. I will explain you yoga split benifits and yoga split stretches.
Hunumanasana or Monkey Pose or Split Pose everyone can achieve goals but you need full focus and dedication to pose daily yoga for split. To perform hunumanasana or split yoga pose require flexible hips, glutes and hamstrings but you can achieve full split after practice. Following stretches for split will help you to perform monkey pose.
In our daily routine we sit down mostly in front of computer or office table for work that’s why our hamstrings is not flexible to do full split pose. Tight hamstrings cause lower back pain, hamstrings is main muscles to perform split pose or hunumanasana.
While performing yoga split poses very welcome to use blocks or straps that will help you through reducing intense. Gain your flexibility slowly.
Monkey pose is very demanding pose most of people start with side split or front split. Enjoy your journey for split pose.
Tips Before You Start Yoga Split Poses
First understand that achieving full split is very easy with stretches for split or money pose. Enjoy your self while performing poses. If you are not ready then you get injured. While on the mat you will feel pain in the joints or muscles then back off the pose little don’t give too much tension the muscles.
Yoga Split Poses For Beginners
1. Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
Seated forward bend help you for split pose. You can modify pose by take a folded blanket under the sit to elevate your hips. This will make hamstrings flexible.
- Sit on the yoga mat, straight your legs.
- Toes facing to the sky.
- Distance between legs is sufficient.
- Inhale and straight your spine.
- Exhale and bend from the hips keeps spine straight try to touch your toes by hand as much as.
- Take 5-8 breath.
- Beginners can use straps.
Perform yoga split pose and be more flexible.
2. Low Lunge ( Anjaneyasana )
- This pose strech your hips flexor.
- Start from downword facing dog pose.
- Place your right feet front side of the mat.
- Swing your arm to the sky palm facing each other.
- Lower your left leg knee to the ground and untuck the toes.
- Keep spine stright.
- You can place your hands on right thigh for support and extend your hands slowly.
- Take a 5-7 breath.
3. Head To Knee Forward Bend ( Janu Sirsasana)
- Seat on the leg center of the mat.
- Extend your legs to front side.
- Bend your left leg like left leg sole touching to the right side leg inner thigh.
- Slightly turn your torso right side.
- Bend from the hips keep belly button over the right leg thigh.
- Try to touch your right leg sole if you can strech.
- Avoid rounded back.
- Take a 4-6 breath.
4. Twisted Monkey Pose
- Start from downword facing dog pose.
- Place right foot front side of the mat and outside of the right hand.
- Bring your left leg knees to the floor and lift upward left ankle left foot sole facing the the sky.
- Swing your right arm backside and grab back side of lifted leg foot.
- Lay down your left hand knee to the mat for support.
- Try to pull your left leg to the body.
- If you cannot hold left leg then you can straps and perform pose.
- Roll your right leg edges and allow your right leg knee fall down to the side for hip strech.
- Hold for 5 breath.
5. Pigeon Pose ( Eka Pada Rajakapotasana )
Pigeon pose is very helpful for yoga split poses also hip opener.
- Start in tabletop position.
- Bring left knee towards the left wrist and the left foot sole facing towards the right wrist.
- Keep spine stright.
- Right leg straight to the backside.
- Sink your hips down.
- If you are falling then you can place yoga blocks under the hips.
- Stay here for 5 breaths.
6. Seated Wide Leg Forward Bend
Practice this pose if your body is warm. Seated Wide Leg Forward Bend pose strech hips and hamstrings. Perform yoga split.
- Come to the confertable seated position.
- Wide your legs. Don’t too.
- Keep legs engaged, lift knee cap gently. Flexion in the toes.
- Keep belly active by sending belly button to the spine.
- Place your hands backside on the floor to give support to the straight spine.
- Bring your chest towards front side if possible.
- Take 6-8 breath.
7. Reclining Hand To Big Toe Pose
This pose will prevent your injury during performing yoga for split.
- Lie down on your back.
- Bring your right knee to the chest.
- Slowly straighten your right leg.
- You can use strap around your feet sole.
- Keep stretch slowly don’t extend intensively.
- Hold where you feel comfortable.
- Take a 6-8 breath.
8. Half Split ( Ardha Hanumansana )
- Start from downward facing dog pose.
- Place your right feet between your hands.
- Lower your left leg knee to the ground.
- Untuck the toes.
- Keep your hips over the left leg knee.
- Your right leg is straight.
- Slightly bend forward by walking on the mat by fingertips.
- Keep your spine stright.
- Hold here for 10 breath.
Here Is How To Do Yoga Split or Monkey Pose
Use yoga block to perform split. Blocks is your good friend in yoga studio after your teacher.
9. Split With Yoga Block
- Use yoga blocks from height then lower down as you lengthen your legs.
- From seated position bring your right leg backside and untuck toes.
- Bring left leg to the front side.
- Hold the blocks in your hands.
- Place blocks on the mat at your comfort side.
- Then slowly strech your legs as possible as keep spine stright.
- Take a 10 breath.
10. Split Pose ( Hunumanasana )
If your body is ready to do full split pose then you can perform split pose.
- You can remove yoga blocks.
- Left leg toes pointing towards the sky.
- Right leg strengthen back side and untuck toe.
- You can keep back feet toes tucked for keep your hips align properly.
- For deeper split you can bring your hand to the chest in namaste mudra or extend your hand to the sky.
- Hold for 5-6 breath.
Yoga Split Benefits
You can get many benefits by doing yoga for split.
1. Strech Thighs
If you are begginer or pro no matter where you are but you strech weekly your legs. You will get flexible for lifetime. Best for day to day movement for walking.
2. Open Hips Flexors
Most of people sits lots on office table or desktop for work but they don’t strech. Yoga for split pose results you will get open hips muscle can reduce your back pain.
3. Body Awareness
Many yoga practioner achieve their goal for full split pose by doing yoga stretch for split pose. But this is very challenging pose. You have balance your body with getting any injury. You have to listen your body this pose creates energy in our body to feel the fall down.
4. Practice and Patience
Yoga for split give you patience to hold the pose with balance and pain. You are getting ready also for pain. Stick with your goals it will take three month for deeper split pose also depends upon your practice.